Friday, October 2, 2009

Posty of PFF + Jean Sibelius (1865 - 1957)

This time I could get postcard of famous person, postcard comes long way from Finland.
Jean Sibelius (8 December 1865 – 20 September 1957) was a Finnish composer of the later Romantic period whose music played an important role in the formation of the Finnish national identity.

The core of Sibelius's oeuvre is his set of seven symphonies. Like Beethoven, Sibelius used each one to develop further his own personal compositional style. Unlike Beethoven who used the symphonies to make public statements, and who reserved his more intimate feelings for his smaller works, Sibelius released his personal feelings in the symphonies. These works continue to be performed frequently in the concert hall and are often recorded.

Find more players at Marie Reed's Vintage Postcards

ppf

5 comments:

  1. Thanks for the information. I didn't know anything about him.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know his music, but I never knew what he looked like, so this is very interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll have to find something of his! Perhaps I have heard his compositions, and don't know it. Very interesting. Thank you so much for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm sorry to say, I have never heard of him.....or at least I don't think I have.
    :-)
    None the less, I love this postcard for I love portrait postcards. Thanks for sharing this.

    Have a beautiful weekend

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for sharing, and happy PFF.

    ReplyDelete